With the binding registration for events organised by Welthungerhilfe e.V., the participant accepts the following conditions of participation without exception, in addition to the conditions and provisions of the individual event announcements:
§ 1 Scope of application
- These conditions of participation regulate the legal relationship (organisational contract) between the participants and the organiser (namely Welthungerhilfe e.V.). They are subject to occasional changes in content. They form part of the contract between the organiser and the participant in the version valid at the time of registration. Changes that are made in consideration of the legitimate interests of the participants and that are announced by the organiser on the internet or in writing will become part of the contract without further action.
- The contractual partner for the participants is Welthungerhilfe e.V. Friedrich-Ebert-Str. 1 53173 Bonn.
- All declarations by a participant towards the organiser are to be addressed to Welthungerhilfe e.V.
§ 2 Conditions of participation
- Anyone who has reached the age specified in the respective event announcement for the selected discipline is entitled to participate.
- Running with baby strollers, dogs and the wearing of earphones or listening to music is not permitted during the run.
- Sports equipment such as hand cycles, inline skates, walking sticks etc. are only permitted if this is stated in the event announcement or if Welthungerhilfe e.V. expressly approves this.
- The organiser will announce organisational instructions to the participants before the start of the event. The instructions of the organiser and its staff must be followed at all times. In the event of violations of these instructions that could disrupt the proper running of the event or endanger the safety of the other participants, the organiser is entitled to remove the person in question from the event and/or disqualify them at any time. In such cases, there is no entitlement to a refund of the registration fee. Legally binding declarations can only be made to participants by the organiser's authorised personnel, the police and the regulatory authorities. This group of persons also includes the members of the medical services supervising the event, who can also prohibit the participant from taking part or continuing to take part in the event if there are indications of health problems in order to protect the participant.
§ 3 Health
- By registering for the respective Welthungerhilfe e.V. events, the participant confirms that they have taken responsibility for checking their health requirements for participation, if necessary, with the help of a doctor, and that they accept the health risks associated with their participation.
- The organiser reserves the right for medical personnel to remove participants from the race if the health of the participant appears to be at risk.
§ 4 Registration and registration fee
- Registration is possible until the respective registration deadlines, provided that participant limits are not reached before then. Late entries are possible at the higher late-entry rate, in accordance with the individual competition conditions.
- The organiser reserves the right to set a participant limit at any time. Registrations that bring the number of participants over the limit will not be accepted. If there are more registrations than starting places when the limit is set, the date of receipt of payment will decide can participate.
- A registration becomes binding after the organiser has received the registration online via the respective websites of the respective events and after the donation for the starting place has been received. Registration by means other than those mentioned above (telephone, fax, email, etc.) is not possible unless this is expressly permitted by Welthungerhilfe e.V.
- The additional possibility of on-site registration exists according to the individual – provided that the participant limit has not yet been reached.
- The following applies to collective registrations and registrations of relay team and teams: The registrant of the collective registration or the registrant of a relay team or team expressly declares that all participants registered by them are aware of the conditions of participation and that they accept them without reservation.
- With the registration, the start donation and the individually selected additional donation are due for payment, irrespective of whether the participant actually takes part in the race. The amount of the registration fee is specified in the respective announcement. Payment may be staggered over time. The day of online registration is decisive for the calculation of the registration fee.
- The registration is only binding when the entire registration fee (start donation and possibly booked additional donation) has been received by Welthungerhilfe e.V. If the organiser has not received the registration fee by the closing date, the participant will not be entitled to participate. Participants must pay a late-registration fee in addition to the registration fee if they register after the given cut-off date for event registration. They can then take part in the event provided that the participant limit has not yet been reached.
- The right to participate is a very personal right. Changes of registration to other persons can only be made in person at the start number distribution desk of the respective event.
- Welthungerhilfe e.V. can refuse the registration of a participant without providing a reason. If the registration has been made online and the registration fee has already been paid, this will be refunded to the participant without any deductions. The participant will be informed if the registration is not accepted.
§ 5 Terms of Payment and Start Donation Refund
- Each donation will be collected by the service provider collected by the organiser for timekeeping, registration processing and results recording by direct debit and subsequently transferred by them to the Welthungerhilfe e.V. account.
- Costs incurred due to incorrect bank details or returned direct debits shall be borne by the person registering and will be charged to the participant.
- If no online registration confirmation can be sent (e.g., in case of an incorrect email address), the proof of the debit of the registration fee from the participant's account (bank statement) is valid as registration confirmation. This must be presented together with an identity card when picking up the starting documents.
- If the participant withdraws or does not participate, the registration fee (and additional fee if applicable) will not be refunded. This applies even if a medical certificate is presented.
- Additional donations made at the time of registration will not be transferred or refunded.
- If the event has to be cancelled or changed due to force majeure, governmental orders, bad weather (storms, floods etc.), threats of assassination or terrorist attacks, fire or other reasons beyond the organiser's control, there is no entitlement to a refund or reduction of the registration fee or the return of purchased items.
§ 6 Data privacy for live events
- The personal data provided by the participant during registration will be stored and processed for the purposes of conducting and managing the events (§ 28 Federal Data Protection Act). This applies in particular to the data required for payment processing. If an email address is provided, communication shall take place exclusively via this communication channel.
- The participant also agrees that the photos, film recordings, interviews, etc. taken in connection with participation in the event may be distributed and published on radio, television, print media, books, photomechanical reproductions (films, videos, etc.), etc. without any claim to remuneration. Welthungerhilfe intends to use these recordings within the scope of its statutory charitable purposes itself or by passing them on to third parties in unaltered or altered form without restriction in terms of time, place or otherwise and to publish them in any form on Welthungerhilfe's website, via third party internet portals. In the context of the #ZeroHungerRun event recordings will be made and Welthungerhilfe will have film/image/sound recordings made of participants.
In the event that the person depicted is not of age, the legal representatives hereby declare above their consent to the application submitted by their child.
- The participant agrees that personal data may be passed on to a company commissioned by the organiser for the purpose of sending photos, videos, etc. of the participant during the race and at the finish. However, the participant does not at the same time agree to the purchase of these media.
- The participant agrees that the personal data collected may be passed on to third parties commissioned by the organiser for the purpose of timekeeping, preparation of the starter and result lists as well as the posting and storage of these lists on the Internet.
- The participant expressly agrees to the publication of surname, first name, gender, year of birth, club, start number and result (placings and times) in all print media related to the event (participant list, result list etc.) and in all electronic media such as the Internet.
- The participant agrees that the personal data stored may only be used for promotional purposes by Welthungerhilfe e.V.
- The participant is entitled to object to the transfer of their personal data. They must inform Welthungerhilfe e.V. of this in writing. With the objection, in particular the possibility of being listed in the starter and results list and the time measurement will no longer apply.
§ 7 Data privacy for virtual #ZeroHungerRun challenges
THE PERSONAL DATA WE PROCESS
In addition, we collect your personal data when you visit our website.
PURPOSE AND LEGAL BASIS OF THE PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
YOUR DATA PRIVACY RIGHTS
According to the General Data Protection Regulation you have the following rights:
You are not obliged to pay a fee to exercise your rights. If you lodge a request, we have one month to respond to you.
EXTERNAL SERVICE PROVIDER
We use external service providers to make this event possible. In doing so, we comply with the requirements of Art. 28 of the GDPR. We have a contract with each of the external service providers to ensure that your personal data is processed for the purpose for which it is intended and is not disclosed other than in accordance with the terms of the contract.
This concerns the following companies:
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFER
If content, tools or other resources from other providers are used within the scope of this data privacy statement and their named registered office is in a third country, it is to be assumed that a data transfer takes place to the countries in which the third-party providers are based. Third countries are countries in which the GDPR is not directly applicable law, i.e., generally countries outside the EU or the European Economic Area. The transfer of data to third countries takes place either if there is an adequate level of data protection, user consent or other legal permission.
PROTECTION AND STORAGE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We use appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data.
STORAGE AND DELETION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The data stored by us will be deleted as soon as it is no longer required for its intended purpose and if there are no legal obligations to retain the data. Insofar as users' data are not deleted because they are required for other and legally permissible purposes, their processing will be restricted. That is, the data is blocked and not processed for other purposes. This applies, for example, to user data that must be retained for reasons of commercial or tax law.
According to legal requirements, storage is for 6 years in accordance with § 257 para. 1 of the German Commercial Code (annual financial statements, accounting receipts, etc.) and for 10 years in accordance with § 147 para. 1 of the German Tax Code (books, records, management reports, accounting receipts, documents relevant for taxation, etc.).
If you have any questions about the use of your personal data, please contact our data privacy officer at datenschutz(at)welthungerhilfe.de
§ 8 Timekeeping
- For events with timekeeping, Welthungerhilfe e.V. will specify a timekeeping system (e.g., Chronotrack). Participants not using the time recording system specified by Welthungerhilfe e.V. will be taken out of the race by the course staff and disqualified.
- The results will be presented in accordance with the guidelines of the German Athletics Association (DLV), if the event has been registered with the DLV. For all other events, the specific announcement is decisive for the presentation of the results. If split times are missing or measured split times do not appear plausible, the organiser reserves the right to disqualify the participant.
§ 9 Exclusion and disqualification
- Participating in the run without the timekeeping chip/transponder according to § 7 or reasonable suspicion of interference with the chip or timekeeping (e.g., short-cutting on the course) will lead to immediate disqualification.
- The officially allocated start number must be worn clearly visible on the chest. Exceptions are possible if these are indicated in the respective announcements.
- If the start number is changed in any way, especially if the promotional imprint is hidden, made unrecognisable, removed or worn on the back, the participant will be excluded from the time classification (and therefore disqualified).
- Welthungerhilfe e.V. reserves the right to disqualify and/or exclude a participant from the event at any time. Reasons for exclusion are, in particular, false information about personal data within the scope of the registration, a ban imposed on the participant by the DLV or the IAAF, missing split times during the time measurement, suspicion of taking prohibited substances (doping) or in the case of reasonable assumption by the organiser or the appointed medical service that the participant cannot take part in the race for health reasons or cannot continue the race.
- If participants use the event as a platform for unauthorised activities or the like that damage the reputation of the organiser and/or the individual sponsors, the organiser reserves the right not to allow these persons to take part or to have course personnel remove these participants (or groups of participants) from the race. This applies in particular to unauthorised or unapproved advertising on the running jerseys/shirts for companies, institutes, associations or the like, especially if these are in conflict with the ethical principles of the organiser or in competition with the sponsors of the organiser.
- In the event of disqualification for the above reasons, the participant is not entitled to a refund of the registration fee.
§ 10 Legal disclaimer and limitation of liability
- Welthungerhilfe e.V. accepts no liability for personal health risks associated with the event. Reference is made to § 3.
- If Welthungerhilfe e.V. is entitled in cases of force majeure or obliged by government order or for safety reasons to make changes to the organisation of the event or to cancel it, there is no entitlement to refund of the entry fee or further claims for damages. This also applies in the event of a cancellation or change shortly before or during the event.
- Welthungerhilfe e.V. accepts no liability whatsoever for accidents, theft and other damage and is only liable within the provisions of the law.
- The above limitations of liability also apply to Welthungerhilfe e.V.'s liability for vicarious agents or assistants as well as to the personal liability of employees, representatives, vicarious agents and third parties whom Welthungerhilfe e.V. uses in connection with the staging of the event or with whom it is contractually associated for this purpose.
- Welthungerhilfe e.V. accepts no liability for items stored free of charge. This applies in particular to events at which a clothing storage area is set up.
§ 11 Non-cash prizes
- Prizes for award ceremonies (e.g., age category awards) will not be returned. The participant is not entitled to these prizes.
- After the official result list of all competitions has been published, there will be no more changes in the placings and in the non-cash prize presentations.
§ 12 Closing provisions
- Place of performance and jurisdiction is Bonn.
- All disputes arising shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the German courts and German law shall be exclusively applicable.
- Should individual provisions of these Conditions of Participation be invalid or should omissions appear in the regulations, this shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions. In this case, a valid provision shall apply that comes as close as possible to the objective and commercial purpose of the provision in question.
Status as of 17 March 2021