Welthungerhilfe’s 60th Anniversary
- Date of foundation: 14.12.1962
- Since 1962, we have supported more than 10,895 foreign projects in 70 countries and reached 16.6 million people with our projects in 2021 alone.
- Today, more than 3,000 employees from 67 nations worldwide and more than 200 local partner organisations are working toward our goal: #ZeroHunger by 2030.
Welthungerhilfe (WHH) turns 60 this year – for six decades we have been putting our heart, energy and expertise into our vision of a world without hunger.
Every human has the right to lead a self-determined life in dignity and justice. In six decades, millions of people have built a better future free from hunger and poverty through our projects.
In this anniversary year, we look forward with determination and courage to this goal to which we are committed, and we would like to invite everyone to get active.
Together We Have Achieved A Lot
Our anniversary is an opportunity to say thank you. Thank you for your trust and your long-standing support – with your help we have been able to reach millions of people worldwide. We need this solidarity for the future as well.
There Is Still A Lot To Do
How wonderful it would be to celebrate our anniversary in the knowledge that global hunger has been eradicated. But this goal has not yet been achieved: there are up to 828 million hungry people worldwide. We therefore want to use our anniversary to reflect on what has been achieved and to continue the ongoing dialog. We want to draw even more public attention to global hunger.
A life without hunger is a human right. Yet up to 828 million people go hungry worldwide. Together with our supporters, we have a vision: #ZeroHunger by 2030.Mathias Mogge Secretary General and Chief Executive Officer of Welthungerhilfe
A World Without Hunger Is Possible
Our goal is to end global hunger by 2030 – to achieve this, we work according to the principle of "empowering people to help themselves". We live in times of change. The COVID-19 pandemic and climate change show us that global challenges can only be solved internationally. New problems need new solutions. WHH is well positioned for this: With creativity, long-standing expertise, international partnerships and innovative instruments, we adapt our strategies and approaches to the challenges.
Welthungerhilfe’s 60th Anniversary: Let’s Work Together to Achieve Even More
For our 60th birthday, in addition to many other successful projects, we wish to remain in dialogue with you and to become active together.
Together we are stronger in our fight for a world without hunger. We would love to have your support in our anniversary year – many exciting events are planned for 2022:
- On the 4th of March, the popular Baltic Lights sled dog race will be held on the island of Usedom, with proceeds going to Welthungerhilfe projects. Learn More
- Between the 12th and 15th of May, charity runs dedicated to the anniversary will take place as part of the virtual ZeroHungerRun challenge. Learn More
- October’s Welthungerhilfe Week will revolve around the anniversary as well.
We plan to reflect on our history in professional events and expert panels.
- On our social media channels, we will surprise you.